NBW provides lively, engaging and informative presentations for schools at all levels. These have proved to be very popular with the children.
We have two offerings:
- Mindfulness for children: practical teaching of mindfulness and concentration, which aims to calm the mind and focus it.
- For the RE curriculum: an illustrated account of ‘Buddhism’, at the right level for your class. This covers all the basic facts and values, a brief history and geography, different traditions, main ideas and practices, demonstrating meditation bells, with question time.
The NBW teacher is prepared to be guided by the school teacher and the curriculum. We are flexible – tell us what your needs are. A presentation can be tailor-made for your purposes and can fit into any period, from 15 minutes to 45 minutes to two hours.
There is a modest charge of forty pounds (UK) to cover expenses and materials. Of course, a donation to NBW is always appreciated. NBW is non-profit, run entirely by volunteers.
Here are some of the schools NBW has visited and taught at:
- The Bedales School, Petersfield, Hampshire
- The Royal Grammar School, Guildford
- The Dawnay School, Bookham
- Belmont Prep School, Holmbury St Mary
- Cranleigh Prep School, Cranleigh
- St Peter’s Catholic, Guildford, 6th form
- St Lawrence, E Molesey
- Goldsworth Primary, Woking
- Tadworth Special School
- Ivybridge Primary, Isleworth
- Hale School, Farnham
- St John the Baptist School, Woking
- Clarendon School, Ashford, Middlesex
- Sandfield Primary, Guildford
- Frensham Heights School
NBW is also happy to provide a speaker for Interfaith events at schools and elsewhere.
For more information contact:email@example.com